Yay! I have finished my June napkin. Although, I may or may not add a backing.
The final section was taken from our 2011 calender.
The photograph was foolishly, and unflatteringly, taken on our wipe-clean tablecloth.
If you have not been following my napkin work, and have no idea what I am talking about, then read on (if you have been following, then I am about to repeat myself) and I will explain. The idea, at first, was to sew a word onto an old napkin for each day of the month. A word with some relevance for that particular day. However, as usual, I didn’t stick to my own brief. ‘One word’ soon became ‘a few words’, or sometimes a picture. The aim is to end up with a memento of the month. If you look at the cloud to the right, or at the end of the post, and click on the ‘napkin’ heading, you will be able to view notes about the other words.
See you Friday,
P.S. We are having building work done in August, due to finding loads of rotten floorboards (a twenty year leak we knew nothing about when we moved here, a few years ago) and asbestos. Anyway, we will be living in one room with a microwave, which we have yet to purchase. Meanwhile, I have to pack everything away, including the computer.